At Virtues Connection Portland, you will find Excellent Virtues Inspired Strategies for Caring and Curious Educators. Creating a Culture of Character. Together, we bring the ideal into reality. Learning for Life. Parenting with Confidence. Developing outstanding Educational Resources and Practical Tools.
Virtues are universally valued by all cultures as essential qualities for success.
The Virtues Project™ is a grassroots initiative being used to transform individuals, families, schools and organizations in over 90 countries. The Virtues Project™ empowers people to live by their highest values. This international award-winning program was honored by the United Nations as a ‘model global program for families of all cultures’.
Virtues are “the essence of the human spirit and the content of our character. They are a way of life, a language, a context for lived spirituality. They are the gems hidden in the mine of true self. Unless we see them, name them and use them, they are lost to us. Although they are always waiting, like treasures, to be found.” ~ Linda Kavelin-Popov
“The Vision of The Virtues Project™ is to serve humanity by supporting the moral and spiritual development of people of all cultures, by helping them to remember who they really are and to live by their highest values. The Mission of The Virtues Project is to provide empowering strategies that inspire the practice of virtues in everyday life through programs of excellence and simplicity which support people of all ages to cultivate their virtues — the gifts of character. ” www.virtuesproject.com
At Virtues Connection Portland, we honor the simple wisdom of the world’s sacred traditions, and celebrate your unique contributions and awesomeness! Bringing out the best in our children and ourselves.
The five strategies for life are:
- Speaking the Language of the Virtues: to acknowledge excellence; to guide and educate; and to correct mistaken behavior, and to build self-esteem.
- Recognizing Teachable Moments: using difficulties as opportunities for learning valuable lessons and for strengthening character.
- Setting Clear Boundaries with Skill: while using virtues and appropriate consequences; promoting self-discipline and integrity.
- Honoring the Human Spirit: to celebrate, and develop our spiritual nature in many ways.
- Offer Spiritual Companioning™ as a most effective method of listening and seeking inner truth, and to promote positive communication skills and healing.
Caring, Commitment, Compassion, Confidence, Cooperation, Consideration, Courage, Creativity, Determination, Diligence, Enthusiasm, Excellence, Flexibility, Friendliness, Generosity, Gentleness, Helpfulness, Honesty, Humility, Idealism, Joyfulness, Justice, Kindness, Love, Moderation, Orderliness, Patience, Peacefulness, Perseverance, Purposefulness, Reliability, Respect, Service, Tact, Thankfulness, Trust, Unity…
Click on any of the images to purchase the Virtues Cards…
The Educator’s Virtues Cards are used in schools and people of no particular faith. NEW: The Virtues Family Cards are now available for communities of Faith. Licencing Fee $19.95 (family) $49.95 (congregation). Pick from 13 different world faiths for inspiration and deepening.
In Virtues Workshops, you will learn and practice the following:
- Strengthen communication and connect more deeply using virtues to acknowledge, guide and correct
- Recognize teachable moments to help others build resiliency and develop authentic self-esteem
- Set clear boundaries, based on “Restorative Justice” and transform bullies into leaders
- Honor the spirit of individuals and inspire group unity
- Companion others to find clarity and their own solutions
Available now as a MP3 download, or a set of two Compact Disks. This is a beautiful narration of the 52 Virtues (Love, Thankfulness, Compassion etc.) from the Multifaith Family Virtues Cards. A description of each virtue with an affirmation and quote is read over a peaceful musical back ground. This Virtues Cd is an invitation to awaken your spirit and create a culture of virtues in your home, office, school and community.
Contact Delaram Hakiman-Adyani, M. Ed at Virtues Connection Portland, to learn about opportunities to incorporate the virtues in your life… We are committed to supporting you every step of the way.
Come together and share with the growing community of Virtues Enthusiasts!